What You Can Do
Be a Teacher Volunteer
By being a Teacher Volunteer, you can choose to do various activities while interacting with the children! You can opt to do story-telling, teach children how to write or count, help them with their homework, sing or conduct educational games. Being a Teacher Volunteer requires you to join us in one of our village visits. Please indicate which village is nearest to you in the Volunteer Application Form. You may also return to the village on a continuous basis. By this, you will have a longer-term relationship with the children, make a greater impact and feel a higher fulfillment level in your own life! We have a Guidebook on ‘How to Conduct Weekend Enrichment Workshop’ on a weekly basis.
We welcome both used and new books. Books donated will be channeled to Books for Hope libraries across the country. We accept books ranging from books for 0-18 years old, English or Bahasa Indonesia, in new or usable condition and are educational in nature. For Book Collection Points, click here.
Books pick up can be arranged if you are in Jakarta.
Please fill up the Volunteer Application Form and send it back to us, for logistics arrangements.
Make a Donation
If you do not have books to donate, and would like to donate cash, we welcome your generosity with utmost appreciation.
For cash donation, please transfer to:
Yayasan Buku Fajar Harapan (Bank BCA – Wisma Nusantara)
account number: 7340-388997
SWIFT CODE: CENAIDJA
Join a Village Visit
We currently have 8 libraries across the country. They are located at Tangerang, Cianjur, Bali, Jogjakarta, and Padang. Please fill up the Volunteer Application Form indicating which village you are interested in, and please also provide a range of dates where you are available.
Be in the Leadership Team
We are continuously looking for talented, passionate and pro-active individuals to join our Leadership Team. We value people who are willing to invest their time and talent for a cause larger than themselves. If you are one of them, please fill up the Join Our Team Form. Please note that there are no paid positions as yet. All positions are done on a voluntary basis, but we promise a ‘job’ more rewarding than you initially expected.
Sponsor/ Dedicate a Library
If you are interested to sponsor an entire library for a whole village, or dedicate it to a loved one (parents, spouse, best friend, child), please fill up the Library Sponsorship/Dedication Form. Sponsoring an entire library in Indonesia costs from USD 1500 to approximately USD4000, depending on the size of library and number of books available. This amount includes books, educational charts & maps, book racks and the salary of a Librarian for 1 year.
If you are a leader or the HR or PR Manager of a company, Books for Hope offers a corporate partnership program where we will be your partner in your CSR efforts.
For your Company:
- A sustainable CSR Partnership – With Books for Hope’s professional and illustrious leadership team, your company need not worry in project execution and maintenance. We have a strong team and a business model of ‘involvement & commitment from villages’ that will ensure the sustainability of our programs.
- Share of media exposure – Books for Hope has had positive media response from local radio and TV channels. Our worldwide website is anticipated by people and supporters from all over the world. Not only will your company share in our local reach, but also in ASEAN and the world.
- Employee Development Program – because our project is not a one-time off thing, but one that asks for continuous involvement from teacher volunteers, your company’s employees can be involved directly in the lives of the children and witness the impact of its companies’ efforts in the lives of the less privileged.
Click here for the Corporate Sponsorship Form. Please request for a ‘Books for Hope Corporate Partnership Proposal’ to learn more. You may contact us at email@example.com anytime. Our team is also contactable to meet with you to present the program.
You can also support our library projects through these various ways:
- Start a New Country Chapter
- Hold a Fund-raising event
- Conduct a book drive in your company/school/university
- Any other creative ideas you might have, please share with us!
Please fill up the Volunteer Application Form indicating which areas you are interested to contribute in. We look forward to hear from you!